Rice Krispie Treats, but make it spooky cute 👻. There are a lot of things I look forward to in the fall, but homemade halloween treat ideas should be at the very top of that list. I made these adorable Rice Krispie Treat ghost pops for Harper’s Halloween party at school last year and she requested to make another batch this year to enjoy at home!
A childhood favorite, Rice Krispie treats, are the unsung hero of sweet snacks, aren’t they? They just don’t get enough credit! This recipe is easy enough to make with your kids (warning: things do tend to get pretty sticky!), but the added salt and vanilla achieves a perfectly delectable balance to create a treat both kids and adults will love! Plus the cuteness of these spooky little ghosts just can’t be beat! Depending on the size of your cookie cutter and cutting precision, one batch yields a pretty generous quantity, making them a great homemade halloween treat for a classroom party. If you have an extra, surprise a neighbor by including it in a friendly Halloween Boo Basket.
Oh, and your secret is safe with me if you choose neither of those options and instead give a few to your kids and eat the rest of the pan yourself because they’re just that good 😉
Allergy Family Note: I always aim to come up with allergy-friendly homemade halloween treat ideas that are delicious for everyone! For an allergy-friendly ghost pop, we simply swapped the butter with Earth’s Best and the white chocolate melts with cookie decorating frosting! (Double check all ingredients / allergies to be sure) Still yummy and safe for our whole family to enjoy!
Trick or Treat Yourself!
Rice Krispie Treat Ghost Pops
- 13×9 pan
- Large Bowl
- Paper Straws (optional)
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 bags 10 Oz Marshmallows
- 1½ tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 package White Melting Chocolate or Cookie Icing
- 1 package Candy Eyes
Over Medium Heat
- Stir together ½ cup butter, 2 bags of 10-oz marshmallows, 1½ tsp vanilla and ¼tsp salt in a saucepan until melted and gooey.
In a Large Bowl
- Scoop 10 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal.
- Pour in melted marshmallow mixture and stir until combined.
Transfer Mixture into a greased 13×9 pan
- Let cool for about an hour+
- Use a ghost cookie cutter to cut out shapes (You made need to grease the cutter)
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over ghosts OR spread cookie decorating icing.
- Add candy eyes
(Optional) Push paper straw into bottom to make it into a pop!
Pin For Later !